Re: Moving foundation-list to discourse?

On Wed, Oct 16, 2019 at 1:50 PM Tobias Mueller <muelli cryptobitch de> wrote:
Hi,

On Fri, 2019-10-04 at 18:35 -0700, philip chimento gmail com wrote:
> I don't find it the best policy to optimize for the convenience of
> non-members who want to send insulting rants to foundation-list
Sure. But I don't think we're optimising for those. In fact, the number
of insulting rants is surprisingly low.

I would _expect_ zero. I don't sign up to the mailing list of a nonprofit so I can watch people abuse the nonprofit's staff.

Arguably lower than the number
of posts that were banned for no obvious reason.

Are we currently moderating posts on foundation-list or not? I thought this whole discussion was about the fact that we are not. If we are, and if legitimate posts are truly being banned, then clearly we need a different moderation process because it's not working in either direction. Can you give an example of a post that was banned for no obvious reason so we know what we're talking about?
--
Philip