Re: Announcing Board of Directors Elections 2019: revamped timeline

Hi,

On Mon, May 27, 2019 at 12:41 PM Tobias Mueller <muelli cryptobitch de> wrote:
Hi,

On Mon, 2019-05-27 at 07:48 -0500, mcatanzaro gnome org wrote:
> On Mon, May 27, 2019 at 7:12 AM, Andrea Veri <av gnome org> wrote:
> > I didn't express myself clearly enough: I really meant we haven't
> > received enough candidacies for the elections and the voting phase
> > begin, thus the need to extend the timelines. We currently collected
> > total of 5 candidates, 2 to go for the elections to actually start:
>
> This seems like case in point for why we should switch to two-year
> terms! Hopefully this will be the final election in which we elect
> seven directors all at the same time.
I think it's not a very good case for a longer term, though.
Just a few mails earlier we have seen an email in which a candidate
wondered whether they could make enough time available.
With a longer term that problem gets worse, not better.

At one point the board discussed allowing candidates to run either for a two year or one year term. I think that would solve your issue: candidates who are working on projects that require more time can run for a two year term and those who are unable to make a long term commitment could run for a one year term.

Meg

Cheers,
  Tobi