Re: Minutes of the board meeting of June 24, 2019

Hi,

On Tue, Jul 9, 2019 at 10:32 AM Florian Müllner <fmuellner gnome org> wrote:

On Tue, 9 Jul 2019, 16:43 , <mcatanzaro gnome org> wrote:
On Mon, Jul 8, 2019 at 5:33 PM, Philip Chimento via foundation-list
<foundation-list gnome org> wrote:
> Suggested dates are November 19–21

Any later than Aug 14-19 will lose US university students, for the
second year in a row (most schools here will start on the 26th next
year). It's also very very late for GSoC students. Well, late GUADEC is
better than no GUADEC

My first reaction was "now those are weird GUADEC" dates as well, so probably with pointing out that the bid is for LAS, not GUADEC.

Yeah, I’m wondering why LAS is going to be in Europe. Is it being co-hosted with a KDE event? Will it be held with GINA? I’m happy it won’t be in the US because travel here, etc, is not good right now. But it’s also too bad that we’ll lose our remaining North American GNOME event.

Meg