Re: Minutes of the board meeting of June 24, 2019

On Mon, Jul 8, 2019 at 5:33 PM, Philip Chimento via foundation-list <foundation-list gnome org> wrote:
Suggested dates are November 19–21

Any later than Aug 14-19 will lose US university students, for the second year in a row (most schools here will start on the 26th next year). It's also very very late for GSoC students. Well, late GUADEC is better than no GUADEC, and avoiding summer travel rush is very nice for those of us who can travel any time of year, but I'm curious to know how many people won't be able to make it.

I'm also curious to know how many people won't be able to make it *this* year (Aug 23-28, when university here starts on the 19th). These dates would have been a blocker for me when I was in university, since missing a week of classes would be a very tough setback. The late July or early August dates seem safer. Then again, I know no dates will work for everyone, but two years in a row seems unfortunate.

Michael