Re: Minutes of the Board meeting of June, 6th, 2017

On 2017-06-13 20:48, Cosimo Cecchi wrote:

  * When do we start inviting incoming board members to the calls?
   * Historically we did the handover at GUADEC, but sounds helpful to
have a time during which board members overlap
   * The new officers do take over at the AGM according to the bylaws,
so that sounds like a reasonable time for the handover
  * First meeting with new board on call: Tuesday June 20th, but no
voting powers until the in-person meeting at GUADEC, where new
officers are elected
   * The meetings will be recommended to attend for the newly-elected
members, but we will still hold meetings according to the schedule of
the present board

If I recall correctly from when I was on the board, new board member was
invited to the calls and board-list as soon as they got elected. But
maybe it hasn't happened the last couple of years.
Anyway, it was really good when I was new on the board, since it took a
while to get the hang of the meeting process, get familiar with the
resources in the wiki etc. and not get information overload at GUADEC,
so great idea!
- Andreas