Re: GNOME Board of Directors Foundation Elections 2017 - Candidates

On Thu, 2017-06-01 at 09:10 -0500, Michael Catanzaro wrote:
On Thu, Jun 1, 2017 at 4:08 AM, Allan Day <allanpday gmail com>
wrote:
My immediate thought is that it could put some people off running,
since it's a greater commitment. However, I'd be interested to hear
what you think about it.

Allan

Yes, that's the main risk.

The benefit is we would only be electing three or four candidates perĀ
year, so the elections would be more competitive.

I don't see how it would be any more competitive as everyone who stays
on the board will not be running in that period. For it to become more
competitive you would need to argue how the move makes it more
attractive to hand in a candidacy. And so far I have only seen
arguments that it makes it less attractive.

Please also keep in mind that currently most people who re-run after
being on the board are also re-elected.

Benjamin