Re: GNOME Board of Directors Foundation Elections 2017 - Candidates

Michael Catanzaro <mike catanzaro gmail com> wrote:
My immediate thought is that it could put some people off running,
since it's a greater commitment. However, I'd be interested to hear
what you think about it.
Yes, that's the main risk.

The benefit is we would only be electing three or four candidates per year,
so the elections would be more competitive.

It's obviously too late for this election, but it seems worth
considering this for the future. I think it would be a good idea for
the new board to discuss this, along with any other proposals people
might have for improving the elections process.

Allan