Minutes of the Board meeting of May 16th 2017

= Foundation Board Minutes for Tue, May 16th 2017, 17:00 UTC =

Next meeting date Tue, May 23rd 2017, 17:00 UTC

Wiki: https://wiki.gnome.org/FoundationBoard/Minutes/20170516

== Attending ==

 * Cosimo Cecchi
 * Nuritzi Sanchez
 * Shaun McCance
 * Rosanna Yuen
 * Neil McGovern
 * Allan Day
 * Jim Hall

== Regrets ==

 * Alexandre Franke
 * Meg Ford

== Missing ==

== Agenda for 2017-05-16 ==

 * Elections
 * GUADEC bid presentations

== Minutes ==

 * Elections
  * A reminder that whoever is planning to run again should send their
candidacy soon
   * Deadline is the 25th
  * We should also send a reminder to candidates that they should be
planning to arrive at GUADEC two days earlier
   * ACTION: Nuritzi to send out this announcement

 * GUADEC bid presentations
  * Should we organize a meeting for all the bidding teams to present
their bids to the Board?
  * Typically the decision of the winning bid is taken at GUADEC
  * Previously this did not need to happen before the conference, and
could be done e.g. at lunch during GUADEC
  * ACTION: Allan to reach out to the organizing teams and let them
know to prepare a presentation for GUADEC

== Ongoing ==

'''This section includes items which have seen an update in the last
30 days. Format is "YYYY-MM-DD, action|discussion|abstract" for this
and subsequent minutes sections'''

 * GUADEC bid presentations
  * The Board would like to have the bidding teams present their bids
at GUADEC to the Board, possibly during a lunch
  * 2017-05-16
   * ACTION: Allan to reach out to the bidding teams and let them know
to prepare a presentation for GUADEC

 * 2017 Elections
  * Deadline for announcing a candidacy is June 24th
  * 2017-05-16
   * ACTION: Nuritzi to send out a reminder to candidates that they
should be planning to arrive at GUADEC two days earlier

 * Foundation support for Flathub
  * 2017-05-09
   * The Board voted to try and use some of our pro-bono counsel time
towards the Flathub legal framework, provided our lawyers agree
   * ACTION: Neil to connect to Luis
   * 2017-05-16 - Exact qestions to ask Luis are being worked up

 * Hackfest process documentation
  * 2017-02-14
   * ACTION: Nuritzi to take a stab at updating the documentation for
the process to request a hackfest and responsibilities between Board
and TC
  * 2017-05-02
   * Nuritzi will work on this by end of May, check in then

 * Dropping dates in copyright claims on our websites
  * 2016-12-06
   * ACTION: Alexandre to send an email to foundation-list with a
proposal for discussion
  * 2016-12-20
   * Next step seems to be to reach out to Creative Commons to get
advice on what exactly can and should be done
  * 2017-01-24
   * Alexandre reached out to Creative commons
  * 2017-02-28
   * Alexandre will try alternative channels
  * 2017-05-02
   * We got a reply, Alexandre to follow up

 * Privacy campaign funds
  * 2016-09-27
   * Draft is out for the Board to review and give feedback
   * ACTION: Cosimo to try and form a committee to review internship proposals
  * 2016-10-26
   * We are aiming for an internship round in spring 2017

=== Ongoing but stalled ===

'''This section includes items which haven't seen an update in the
last 30 days.'''

 * Owncloud shared calendar for the board
  * 2016-08-10
   * Cosimo tested creating an event, but with mixed results
   * ACTION: Cosimo to take it on from here
  * 2016-09-06 - Allan has started a list of reoccuring events on the
wiki - https://wiki.gnome.org/FoundationBoardPrivate/Minutes/UpcomingAgenda
  * 2017-03-07
   * Neil is looking into a similar calendar so will take over

 * Paypal Giving Fund
  * Alexandre suggested in december 2015 to get us enrolled in the program
   * That would give us exposure. For example Humble bundle allows to
direct the charity part of purchases towards any of their participants
  * Zana tried to get us in sometime before may 2016, we never heard back.
  * 2016-09-06
   * ACTION: Zana to look into it

 * Sysadmin fundraising levels and perks
  * 2016-08-10, ACTION: Nuritzi to take on this project and figure out
what it entails
  * 2017-05-09
   * We can talk about this item at GUADEC

 * Web page for prior pants winners
  * 2016-08-10, ACTION: Shaun and Allan to add the web page
  * 2017-03-07
   * Only missing the winner for one year, 2005
   * We can crowdsource the details and refinement of the bios/photos/etc

 * Friends of GNOME
  * 2016-08-10
   * ACTION: Allan to get in touch with Tobi and the sysadmin team to
migrate the FoG infrastructure over to GNOME
  * 2017-03-07
   * Allan will pass this on to Neil, and connect him to Tobi
  * 2017-04-18 - Neil has CRM working (ish) on the gnome website,
we're looking at how to move the PayPal IPN to CiviCRM

=== Ongoing but no director assigned ===

'''This section includes items which haven't seen an update in the
last 30 days and have no Director assigned'''

== Nice to have ==

'''This section includes items which we would love to see happen at
some point but lack the time to effectively become reality'''

 * Contract template for future use organizations for which we handle money
  * Kat to draft this

 * Privacy policy for GNOME services
  * Current draft is at https://wiki.gnome.org/Foundation/Privacy
  * Sysadmin Team's NDA should also be covered when dealing with this item
  * Kat or Allan to write up the policy
  * Kat or Allan to write up recommended wording for distribution
privacy policies, regarding the behaviour of GNOME software

== Discussed on the mailing list ==

== Completed actions ==

 * Sri's email about StackExchange (Meg)
  * Feels more like a heads up and a great idea, but there's no action
required from the Board at this point
  * 2017-05-09
   * ACTION: Meg to respond and acknowledge