Publishing the hackfest reports

The hackfest appears to have been very useful, but I noticed a problem
in how this report about it
(https://nuritzis.com/2017/10/21/2017-gnome-foundation-hackfest/) was
published:

It says, "This slideshow requires JavaScript."

That JavaScript code seems to be nontrivial and nonfree: when I view
the page, using a browser with LibreJS so as not to execute any
nontrivial nonfree software, the slideshow is not visible.

Leading people to use nonfree software teaches people that it isn't
crucial whether a program is free.  Doing so for just a little
convenience teaches people that it hardly matters whether a program is
free.  That's the opposite of what the GNOME Foundation should teach;
indeed, people who think that way won't pay attention when we suggest
that they choose GNOME because it's free.

How about changing that page so that at least the slides are visible
without Javascript?

The easiest way is to add a link to a subdirectory containing those
images, with file names that sort in the proper order.  For users that
shun nonfree Javascript code, that would work a lot better than the
current page does.

Perhaps it can work with JavaScript code that's free and labeled as
such.  See https://gnu.org/software/librejs/free-your-javascript.html.

I know only a little about web pages.  I am sure there are
nicer-looking ways that don't require nonfree Javascript code, which a
suitable expert could tell us about.  I will look for one at the FSF
if that is helpful.

Teaching ourselves to attend to this issue when it arises will
make us more effective defenders of free software.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
Skype: No way! See https://stallman.org/skype.html.