Minutes of the Board meeting of February, 28th, 2017

= Foundation Board Minutes for Tue, February 28th 2017, 18:00 UTC =

Next meeting date Tue, March 7th 2017, 18:00 UTC

Wiki: https://wiki.gnome.org/FoundationBoard/Minutes/20170228

== Attending ==

 * Cosimo Cecchi
 * Nuritzi Sanchez
 * Allan Day
 * Neil McGovern
 * Rosanna Yuen
 * Meg Ford
 * Alexandre Franke

== Regrets ==

 * Jim Hall

== Missing ==

 * Shaun McCance

== Agenda for 2017-02-28 ==

 * Pitivi contract
 * From the mailing list - Invoice for catering by venue for GIMP WilberWeek Hacking event 2017
 * Liberty VPS sponsorship perk
 * PIA VPS sponsorship
 * Review ongoing items

== Minutes ==

 * Pitivi contract
  * Alexandre sent an email to the list about this
   * Directors should look at the contract and provide feedback
  * Contract is based on what Karen drafted back in the days, hence it mentions the "State of New York" as the laws by which the contract should abide
   * Alexandre would like for this to be changed to the State of California
  * ACTION: Nuritzi to run the contract and the NY/CA change by Luis, and otherwise sign the contract by next week

 * From the mailing list - Invoice for catering by venue for GIMP WilberWeek Hacking event 2017
  * ACTION: Nuritzi to look over the reimbursements and put them on the wiki

 * Liberty VPS sponsorship perk
  * Meg has been trying to get in touch with the sysadmin team and libertyVPS to make the donation happen
  * libertyVPS has a question about our sponsors page, and whether they could appear there

 * PIA VPS sponsorship
  * PIA would like to integrate their VPN service more tightly with GNOME
  * It feels like we could also use a privacy internship to do work in this direction
  * There is precedent where we had an agreement for DuckDuckGo to be the default search engine in GNOME Web (Epiphany)
  * ACTION: Allan will help connect Neil and PIA to the right people in the project to start this conversation

== _Ongoing_ ==

'''This section includes items which have seen an update in the last 30 days. Format is "YYYY-MM-DD, action|discussion|abstract" for this and subsequent minutes sections'''

 * PIA VPS sponsorship
  * PIA would like to explore options to integrate their VPN service more tightly with GNOME
  * 2017-02-28
   * ACTION: Allan will help connect Neil and PIA to the right people in the project to start this conversation

 * From the mailing list - Invoice for catering by venue for GIMP WilberWeek Hacking event 2017
  * ACTION: Nuritzi to look over the reimbursements and put them on the wiki

 * UNIXSticker signed stickers campaign
  * http://andrea.s3.iubenda.com/49LSfNgYlT/signed-stickers.html
  * Neil could participate
  * 2017-02-28
   * Neil got in touch with them

 * WHS donations report
  * 2017-02-14
   * ACTION: Alexandre to follow-up with WHS about donation reports

 * Hackfest process documentation
  * 2017-02-14
   * ACTION: Nuritzi to take a stab at updating the documentation for the process to request a hackfest and responsibilities between Board and TC

 * Should the GNOME Foundation issue a statement about the immigration ban?
  * The Linux Foundation did: https://www.linux.com/blog/linux-foundation-executive-directors-statement-immigration-ban
  * 2017-02-14
   * Allan is working on a draft statement  https://etherpad.gnome.org/p/GNOME_immigration_ban_statement
  * 2017-02-28
   * Allan has a draft, but is short on time in the next couple weeks
   * Neil takes this over from Allan

 * 2017 Budget
  * ACTION: Nuritzi to send a framadate for a budget meeting with the board, Neil and Kat
   * https://framadate.org/yCfpJlu7DHmBkHOy

 * From the mailing list - patreon campaign
  * 2017-02-07
   * For now, we are promoting the campaigns but not getting involved directly
   * ACTION: Nuritzi to ask Neil for his opinion
  * 2017-02-28
   * We decided not to fund these from the Foundation, but we will always promote these initiatives through our Engagement channels

 * Pitivi fundraiser beneficiary
  * 2017-02-28
   * Contract is ready for the Directors to review
   * ACTION: Nuritzi to run the contract and the NY/CA change by Luis, and otherwise sign the contract by next week

 * libertyVPS server donation
  * 2016-12-20
   * ACTION: Meg to check with sysadmins whether we actually need a server
  * 2017-01-10
   * Meg sent an email and is waiting to hear back from the sysadmin team.
* 2017-02-28
  * Meg to follow up with LibertyVPS pointing them to previous social media posts about donors and ask them what they'd like. Meg to follow up with engagement team about LibertyVPS social media perks.

 * Chrome Store account for managing GNOME Shell integration browser extension
  * 2016-12-20
   * ACTION: Shaun to find out more about what's involved in creating an account

 * Dropping dates in copyright claims on our websites
  * 2016-12-06
   * ACTION: Alexandre to send an email to foundation-list with a proposal for discussion
  * 2016-12-20
   * Next step seems to be to reach out to Creative Commons to get advice on what exactly can and should be done
  * 2017-01-24
   * Alexandre reached out to Creative commons
  * 2017-02-28
   * Alexandre will try alternative channels

 * Google Play account
  * 2016-09-27
   * https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=771981 was done, we need to pay a $25 one-time fee for the developer account
  * 2016-10-04
   * Payment is authorized
   * ACTION: Rosanna to make the payment and follow up with Ankit
  * 2016-10-18
   * Rosanna is waiting for Ankit to reply about the gmail account
  * 2016-11-01
   * Board is discussing who should have access to the credit card associated to the account
  * 2016-11-29
   * ACTION: Rosanna to look into getting a PayPal credit card
  * 2016-12-20
   * Rosanna has been collating materials to update the PayPal account owner before looking into the credit card

 * Privacy campaign funds
  * 2016-09-27
   * Draft is out for the Board to review and give feedback
   * ACTION: Cosimo to try and form a committee to review internship proposals
  * 2016-10-26
   * We are aiming for an internship round in spring 2017

 * Bitcoins donations data
  * 2017-02-07
   * Neil will help with this going forward
  * 2017-02-28
   * Neil will talk to John Sullivan next week

=== Ongoing but stalled ===

'''This section includes items which haven't seen an update in the last 30 days.'''

 * Owncloud shared calendar for the board
  * 2016-08-10
   * Cosimo tested creating an event, but with mixed results
   * ACTION: Cosimo to take it on from here
  * 2016-09-06 - Allan has started a list of reoccuring events on the wiki - https://wiki.gnome.org/FoundationBoardPrivate/Minutes/UpcomingAgenda

 * Money raised for defense against Groupon
  * Kat to draft a call for Free Desktop-style hackfests which would be sponsored with money raised for defence against Groupon
  * 2016-09-06
   * We probably don't want to track exactly this money flow, but the initiatives that the Board has been pursuing (Flatpak, LAS GNOME) are good fits for the original intent this money was kept for
   * We can consider making a PR or some other form of announcement about how we're currently making use of this money

 * Paypal Giving Fund
  * Alexandre suggested in december 2015 to get us enrolled in the program
   * That would give us exposure. For example Humble bundle allows to direct the charity part of purchases towards any of their participants
  * Zana tried to get us in sometime before may 2016, we never heard back.
  * 2016-09-06
   * ACTION: Zana to look into it.

 * From the mailing list - "support my volunteer program"
  * 2016-08-30
   * There's very little information in the message, unclear how they're related to GNOME
   * ACTION: Shaun to reply asking for more information

 * Google ad grant
  * 2016-08-10
   * ACTION: Shaun will pick this up again and try to register us into the program when he's back in the US
   * The actual ad campaigns would probably need to be managed by the Engagement/Marketing team
   * ACTION: Nuritzi to discuss with the Engagement Team and let the board know if they want to start using Google ad

 * Sysadmin fundraising levels and perks
  * 2016-08-10, ACTION: Nuritzi to take on this project and figure out what it entails

 * Web page for prior pants winners
  * 2016-08-10, ACTION: Shaun and Allan to add the web page

 * Status of logo copyright
  * 2015-12-01, ACTION: Shaun to send out email to d-d-l with proposal
  * 2015-12-08 to 2016-01-19, No updates.
  * 2016-02-02, Shaun will try to pick it up this week
  * 2016-08-10, ACTION: Shaun will send a proposal to licence the asset with dual LGPLv3/CC-BY-SA-4.0 (similar to adwaita-icon-theme)

 * Friends of GNOME
  * 2016-04-11, ACTION: Alexandre to request more information about the donation data from the European donations system (Wau Holland Stiftung Foundation)
  * 2016-08-10
   * ACTION: Allan to get in touch with Tobi and the sysadmin team to migrate the FoG infrastructure over to GNOME

=== Ongoing but no director assigned ===

'''This section includes items which haven't seen an update in the last 30 days and have no Director assigned'''

== Nice to have ==

'''This section includes items which we would love to see happen at some point but lack the time to effectively become reality'''

 * Contract template for future use organizations for which we handle money
  * Kat to draft this

 * Privacy policy for GNOME services
  * Current draft is at https://wiki.gnome.org/Foundation/Privacy
  * Sysadmin Team's NDA should also be covered when dealing with this item
  * Kat or Allan to write up the policy
  * Kat or Allan to write up recommended wording for distribution privacy policies, regarding the behaviour of GNOME software

 * Photography policy for GNOME conferences
  * Proposal needs to be drafted and sent to foundation list for discussion
  * Should probably be addressed at the same time as a standardised code of conduct

== Discussed on the mailing list ==

== Completed actions ==

 * ED hiring update
  * 2017-02-14
   * Reimbursements for expenses
    * It may be cheaper to bundle the reimbursement together with the paycheck, but it depends on the payroll company whether that's possible
    * ACTION: Rosanna to investigate
   * Neil starts tomorrow
  * 2017-02-28: Neil has started! \o/ COMPLETE

 * From board-list - "GIMP @ LGM 2016 Reimbursements - final 2"
  * 2017-02-21
   * ACTION: Nuritzi to work with Rosanna on this

 * Domains email from Andrea
  * gnomejournal.org, tomboy-online.com, tomboy-online.org
  * 2017-02-21
   * We don't want to keep them for now, but we can ask the community if people want to pick them up
   * ACTION: Nuritzi to follow up with Andrea

 * Participation in academic survey email
  * 2017-02-07
   * This person should feel empowered to contact the community directly
   * ACTION: Cosimo to respond

[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]