Re: Questions for candidates

  > Does this not limit the ability of the FSF to campaign against US laws
  > which attack software freedom somewhat?

In practice, the requirement is no difficulty at all.
We could legally spend up to 10% of our budget on lobbying.
Even if we did lobbying, we would never do that much of it.

However, what we actually do about these issues is not lobbying.
Rather, it is outreach to the public.  That 10% limit does not apply
to outreach to the public.

  > > Also, we are not allowed to work for or against specific candidates
  > > for office.

  > I think you are correct about this. Am I right in assuming that only
  > applies to political parties in the USA, then?

I don't know -- for that you should check with a lawyer.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation