Re: Question to the candidates.

Hi Erick

First, thanks to all of you for running as directors.

Thanks for your question!

Currently, GNOME is a strong platform for development, but it's lacking integration and features to be a complete, fully integrated desktop environment like Mac OS X, for instance. My question is:

"What plans do you have to make GNOME a more complete, fully working solution as desktop environment."

As others have suggested this may be beyond the remit for this board, but one thing I have been fairly keen on is the idea of raising a debate about the merits of establishing a technical board of directors who could lead the way on these sorts of matters... I suspect that having a democratic selection process for such a proposed set of technical directors, could help improve communication between teams and make the decision making process a bit more transparent and accountable, in the long run.

Thanks again,

Magdalen