Re: More questions for Board candidates

Hi,

On Thu, May 21, 2015 at 11:25 PM, Karen Sandler <karen gnome org> wrote:
Have you ever done any fundraising?

Only a little, trying to get local sponsors for various local events.
For GUADEC this turned into getting a small local company to pay for
the pastries. I wouldn't say it's something I'm good at.

Are you comfortable asking sponsors for money?

Not really.

Have you ever been in a manager role?

Yes, both at work and in a volunteer environment.

Do you have any experience talking to reporters?

A little, mostly talking to local press when I was manning a booth at
various events or when I was advertising an event I was organising.

Have you ever talked to a group of people about why software freedom is
important?

Yes, I have had several occasions to do that, for instance with groups
of students at the University where I have taught, or at some
non-software related events where I was at the booth of my local LUG.
This is also a topic I like to bring up when I meet new people and
they ask me what I do for a living, which happens quite often.

--
Alexandre Franke