Re: Question to GNOME Foundation Board candidates

Hello all,

Hey Max!

1)  How many hours per week do you expect you will be able to dedicate to
working on the board on a regular basis?

I agree with Jeff when he says we have to make sure action items are
effectively taken into the next level, discussed deeply and acted upon
in a timely manner, which is what we did in a successful way this last
year. There shouldn't be any fixed time someone should spend doing
Board activities in my opinion, we have a series of action items
assigned at every meeting (with additional tasks like correcting,
modifying, preparing and publishing the meeting minutes like in the
case of the Secretary, position which I personally covered this year)
and our mission as Board members is to solve any possible problem that
might arise and provide a final and satisfying answer to our
Foundation membership and community. This worked great this year and
hopefully it will with the new Board as well.

2)  What's your plan and view with GNOME in Asia? How do you think
about grow GNOME in Asia?( ecosystem / contribute / sponsor /
volunteer ...  )

It's clear the Asia region is growing exponentially and the extremely
wide number of potential users (and possible consequential
contributors) presents us a great opportunity to expand our market and
spread the values and liberties we fight for to a larger audience.
I've been amazed by the amount of efforts the GNOME.Asia team have put
in organizing the various editions of the event and I'm delighted to
see Seafile and Gitcafe are sponsoring this year's GUADEC for the
second time. On the Membership Committee's side we've seen an
increment of membership applications coming from GNOME Asia community
members which is great as the GNOME Asia ecosystem is increasing its
importance within the global GNOME community and it deserves a space
on our Foundation membership for the electorate to properly represent
all the single communities around the world. I've been personally
following these applications and made sure they were processed in time
for the upcoming elections for this reason. That said the current
Board has been economically supporting GNOME.Asia this year [1] by
allocating funds for both travel reimbursements and subsidies and
local organization costs. What I aim if re-elected is keeping the new
Board on track with that and keep supporting you, Emily and any other
key organizer providing you with the tools (Press Releases, Social
media shares etc.) and the financial backing (travel reimbursements,
covering local organization costs) for the organization of the event
to be successful.

This wouldn't happen without your help, so thanks for your constancy,
passion and dedication.

[1] https://mail.gnome.org/archives/foundation-announce/2015-April/msg00002.html

Andrea

Debian Developer,
Fedora / EPEL packager,
GNOME Infrastructure Team Coordinator,
GNOME Foundation Board of Directors Secretary,

Homepage: http://www.gnome.org/~av