Minutes of the Board Meeting of March, 27th, 2015

= Minutes for Friday, March 27th, 2015, 17:00 UTC =

Next meeting due on April 10th, 2015 at 17:00 UTC

== Attending ==
 * Rosanna Yuen
 * Marina Zhurakhinskaya
 * Jeff Fortin
 * Sriram Ramkrishna
 * Karen Sandler
 * Andrea Veri
 * Tobias Mueller

== Regrets ==
 * Ekaterina Gerasimova

== Missing ==

== Board meeting ==

 * GNOME.Asia summit budget
  * Two sponsors have been found as of today (SUSE and GitCafe)
  * The organization team requires a financial help from the GNOME Foundation
   * 8,800 USD are expected for the travel reimbursements. This amount will be managed by the Travel 
Committee on a per applicant basis.
    * Is this part of the funds that were allocated/preapproved 6k for the travel committee in October?
     * The Board approved a 6k USD budget for the Travel Committee in October: 
     * ACTION: Rosanna to verify how much is left on that budget
   * 4,174 USD are expected as local expenses
   * Question on whether or not a speakers' dinner (total of 1500 USD) should be covered by the Foundation? 
The amount is reasonable, but still a luxury in our context; even GUADEC does not have such a thing. 
     Perhaps a sponsor can be interested in sponsoring specifically the speaker's dinner? We can revisit this 
decision closer to the event 
     date in May as sponsorships come in; the foundation might assist if sponsorships are insufficient, but 
it seems odd to spend on this luxury now unless all other expenses are covered.
    * The board will be covering the general amount for local expenses, but expects the local organizing team 
to keep working on looking for more local sponsors and eventually wire the remaining funds back; we are 
investing in the success of GNOME.Asia but expect the event to be self-sustaining and hopefully profitable on 
its own.
  * VOTE: Allocate 8,800 USD for the Travel Committee to cover GNOME.Asia's reimbursements
   * VOTE: +1 Jeff, Marina, Andrea, Sri, Karen, Tobi
  * VOTE: Allocate 2,674 USD (4,174 -1,500) for the local expenses of the GNOME.Asia's organization team in 
the meantime
   * VOTE: +1 Jeff, Marina, Andrea, Sri, Karen, Tobi
  * ACTION: Jeff to get back to the GNOME.Asia organizers about all of the above

 * Steps for getting into agreement with Conservancy about Outreachy, due by April 28
  * Karen abstains from discussion due to conflict of interest, drops off call
  * An agreement is needed between the GNOME Foundation and the SF Conservancy for properly migrating 
liabilities and assets to the SF Conservancy 
  * We should ideally ask Pam's help on this, her involvement would be strongly appreciated with this
  * The SF Conservancy will draft an agreement and pass it over to the GNOME Foundation for review
  * Marina, Rosanna, and Kat will work on the financial information to fill in the agreement
  * ACTION: Andrea to get in touch with Pam about this

 * Partnerships sitrep
  * Sri and Jeff's action item to
   * reach out to individual adboard members
   * set up an adboard phone meeting asap
   * set the dates for board + adboard meetings at GUADEC
  * Sponsorship for GNOME Asia & GUADEC: delegated the initial sponsors outreach mails to the GUADEC & GNOME 
Asia teams

 * ED search committee update

 * ACTION: Everyone: look through your action items in tasks.gnome.org and remove any that are no longer 

 * Review action items in kanban board, for completeness and status

 * Deferred until further mailing list discussion occurs from other board members (or missing info):
   * ED search
   * Discuss plans for reviewing salaries/hourly rates of employees/contractors
   * NDA for sysadmins (for the privacy policy)
   * "Brochure for prospective sysadmin sponsors"

== Discussed on the mailing list ==
 * Transfer the ownership of gnome.gr to GNOME Foundation
  * The GNOME Greek localization team has migrated its infrastructure to the GNOME Foundation
   * More details about the migration at 
  * As part of the migration the Greek team asked the Board whether it was possible to migrate their domain 
over to the GNOME Foundation
  * VOTE PASSED: +1 from Sri, Andrea, Marina and Jeff

 * Mentorship for OPW2015
  * The Board has approved to provision $6500 for a GNOME Outreachy intern 
    and agreed the funds should be spent for a core GNOME Project including a sizeable translation project
  * Marina is contacting proposed mentors and the relevant members of the triage team looking for possible 
projects the GNOME Foundation could actually sponsor

== Completed actions ==
 * Kat to reply back to Alexandre Prokoudine confirming the proposed format for requesting travel 
reimbursements for LGM in advance is fine
 * Jeff to get back to Fabiana & Andreas about what has been discussed today about GUADEC sponsorships
 * Andrea to set up the permissions for the copied Fundraising-related wiki pages
 * Jeff to call back and find out what the phone inquiry which asked for Stormy is about

== Pending action items ==
 * Board to follow up in the upcoming meetings and prepare a version of the CoC to be finally considered 
final over all the GNOME yearly events
 * Kat to create a private wiki page on the web services accounts holders and passwords
  * Allan and Kat decided to go for a private git account instead for security reasons
 * Kat to draft a proposal for a privacy policy for review
 * Kat to draft a contract template for future use organizations for which we handle money
 * Kat to propose privacy bounty T&C/rules for review
 * Karen to write the Privacy policy for GNOME services
 * Karen will look at gnome-software privacy issues from a legal standpoint
 * Karen to draft a proposal for the photography policy at GNOME conferences to discuss on foundation-list
 * Tobi to continue pursuing the fund collection in Europe
 * Tobi to talk to Andrea to move the PayPal data extraction scripts over to the GNOME infrastructure
 * Sri to investigate better uses of adsense/adwords on the GNOME websites
 * Sri to communicate to Rosanna and work on the donation for the West Coast hackfest
 * Sri, Marina, Kat to work on establishing criteria for drafting for the hiring committee for the ED role
 * Sri to investigate the GNOME gifts situation
 * Sri to coordinate with engagement team to better standardize the licensing of GNOME artwork
 * Jeff to find existing fundraising brochure/proposal documents and come up with one for fundraising for a 




Debian Developer,
Fedora / EPEL packager,
GNOME Sysadmin Team Coordinator,
GNOME Foundation Membership & Elections Committee Chairman

Homepage: http://www.gnome.org/~av

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: Digital signature

[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]