Re: Linking to non-free websites from gnome.org

  > Now, to the subject of whether GNOME should or should not link to non-free
  > websites

The expression "nonfree website" is one we do not use, because it is
not clear what that would mean.  Web sites raise various kinds of
ethical issues.

The issue here is very specific: a web site requires visitors to run
nonfree software in order to use the site to do the job in question
(in this case, to donate).

If a web site runs nonfree software internally, that doesn't affect
the site's visitors, so we have no reason to concern ourselves with that.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation