Re: foundation application..

On Sun, Feb 22, 2015 at 12:06 PM, Magdalen Berns <m berns thismagpie com> wrote:
On Sun, Feb 22, 2015 at 10:33 AM, Alexandre Franke
<alexandre franke gmail com> wrote:
The membership can correct me if I'm wrong, but one thing that's not
been said so far is that the "N months before accepting a member" is
not really special to interns. Sure it seems it's only written for
them, but if someone were to apply after one month of involvement
(with or without paid incentive) I'm pretty sure the membership
committee (MC) would think it's too soon too.

Who said anything about one month? An internship takes 3 months. An
internship plus this waiting period is 5 months.

I did. I said one month, just as I could have said two, three, four,
or even five months. My point was precisely that contribution on a
short period don't constitute sufficient evidence of a person's
involvement within the community.

The membership can correct me if I'm wrong, but one thing that's not
been said so far is that the "N months before accepting a member" is
not really special to interns.

Also correct.

In that case, what is the period of time is considered acceptable for
non-interns to have contributed for before they make an application, then?

That's why I said that it should be at the MC's discretion. Setting a
hard rule for this is silly. Saying that someone contributing for six
months is not ok, but something contributing for six months and a day
is ok is silly. The MC should use their good judgment for the period
of time, just as they do with everything else.

--
Alexandre Franke