Re: foundation application..

On 02/12/2015 07:33 PM, Cosimo Cecchi wrote:
I think you bring up an interesting point, but I also like the idea that foundation membership is not a badge you earn if you contribute "enough", but hints to a deeper involvement with the community inner workings. I argue that a 3-months contribution from someone fresh to the project might or might not be enough to grant membership regardless of how they have been involved with the project, and I'm curious whether the case you are bringing up is theoretical or if there have been cases of interns interested in foundation membership dismissed solely on the supposed "intern clause". Of course I do support any initiative that aims to make the foundation a more welcoming place!

I think the point here is that if our current bylaws claim one thing, we should adhere to that for the time being. If we don't agree with the bylaws, then they should be altered, which is a different process.

-- Christian