Re: FOSDEM Desktops DevRoom 2016 Call for Participation

On Tue, Dec 8, 2015 at 5:28 PM, Christophe Fergeau <teuf gnome org> wrote:
Hi,

On Tue, Dec 08, 2015 at 01:45:59PM +0000, Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) wrote:
Hi Christophe,

While I greatly appreciate your (and of everyone involved) voluntary
work on organising the devroom, I really wish we did not put all these
big projects into one devroom for just one day. Is there any way we
could get GNOME its own devroom (even for a day) in FOSDEM 2017?

Given the amount of projects asking for devrooms, I suspect this is
going to be hard. The FOSDEM organizers asked us to merge the devrooms
for a reason. We already only have this shared devroom only for a day.

Yeah I understand that but I'm wondering if they could be persuaded
not to treat all applying projects equally and give more room and time
to projects that are more popular/bigger. I didn't want to say bad of
any projects in particular here but I feel I have to give an example,
to make my point so I'll mention one that I actually love: Guile.
Given that there is a handful of people who use Guile (or even Scheme
in general), I really don't see why it should be given the same amount
of room/time as GNOME and KDE.

--
Regards,

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)