Re: You logo

On Sat, Apr 4, 2015 at 6:12 PM, Yosef Or Boczko <yoseforb gnome org> wrote:
Hey Richard,

בתאריך ש', אפר 4, 2015 בשעה 5:47 PM, Richard Stallman <rms gnu org> כתב:

There are people on the list who do not know this.  Mentioning this
point twice a year, in a short polite message, is useful and is no
reason for anyone to take offense.  Those who already know this point
can easily disregard two short polite messages a year.

You have a mistake here: short polite message twice a year it already not polite
when it cause some people to leave the list.

On what planet is it Richard's fault people reacted to a brief aside, by throwing all the toys out the pram, calling him a troll, demanding his emails get deleted from the list and then "leaving" in a display of shameless, drama? Anyone who is not biased by some historic "grievance" against Richard ought to be able to see that he did not abuse anyone in this thread and that people have actually just been abusive towards him.

When someone is bullied, it's always the perpetrators fault: Never the victim.

Magdalen

Regards,
Yosef Or Boczko

I think I understand what you find unpleasant.  It could be the
hostile responses.  Some make a mountain out of my molehill and demand
that you gag me.  Other responses argue explicitly against citing the
GNU system when talking about it.

That hostility does not come from me.  I am the one it is aimed at.
If you think the attacks are objectionable, you should place the
responsibility on those that send them.

Or you could decide not to let them bother you.  If I can remain calm
while reading that hostility, surely it is easier for you who are not
its target.

I have another suggestion.  How about if you notice these occasions,
twice a year, and post a message saying

  The GNOME Foundation, as a part of the GNU Project, asks you to
  please refer to this operating system as "GNU/Linux".  See
  http://gnu.org/gnu/linux-and-gnu.html.  Please respond to me
  off the list if you would like more explanation.

I think that will deal with the sub-issue quickly and without disputes,
and nothing will be derailed either.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation