Re: [OT] Re: You logo

On Fri, Apr 3, 2015, at 11:46 AM, Richard Hughes wrote:
On 3 April 2015 at 15:57, Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net> wrote:
So I'm leaving this list.

Me too. If I was to troll people about the same uninteresting thing
again and again and again I would either get moderated or banned. If
anyone wants to reply, please reply to my personal email address.

Richard

If RMS were to say, for example, "Here's where you can find information
about using the GNOME trademark . . . oh, and by the way, please refer
to operating systems that use the Linux kernel as GNU/Linux systems . .
. " I don't think there's anyone on this list who would take issue with
it.

And if RMS can't contribute meaningfully to the thread, but still wants
to emphasize that people call it "GNU/Linux," I think it's fine for him
to reply off-list to the person who sent the message, and say, "Kindly
call it GNU/Linux." I think we're all okay with that, too. Even if we're
not okay with it, it's RMS' perogative to do so.

Otherwise, this is a forum for discussing matters of the GNOME
Foundation. We join this list to talk about the Foundation, and probably
not to talk about other things. If people repeatedly want to talk about
other things, and not talk about the GNOME Foundation, I think it's
appropriate for list admins to moderate those messages.

Jim