Re: GNOME, Bounties and paid development [Was: Re: OPW; Where does the 500$ for each GSoC goes?]

Hi,
On Wed, Sep 17, 2014 at 2:08 PM, Tristan Van Berkom <tristan upstairslabs com> wrote:

I think perhaps, if we organized bounties which clearly and definitely
improve software that industry is going to use, and not only for the
singular purpose of the GNOME Desktop Environment, then perhaps we would
be able to get some real backers in the industry to come together with
us and put together a bounty that is worth bidding for.

I think there are two ways to approach this: (1) the way you suggest above; and (2) by having smaller bounties which do not require a bidding process and can be picked up by contributors who would generally donate time, but could use some extra money in order to afford to contribute their time.