Re: OPW; Where does the 500$ for each GSoC goes?

On Sun, Sep 14, 2014 at 06:45:47PM -0500, Michael Catanzaro wrote:
On Sun, 2014-09-14 at 16:41 +0100, Emmanuele Bassi wrote:
we
raised 40 thousand dollars on a part time system administrator, and
that's a fraction of the cost of a full time developer.

$40,000 is a reasonable salary for a full-time American developer, as
long as he's not located someplace with a stupid cost of living like San
Francisco or New York or LA. Of course it's not a competitive salary,
but we're a nonprofit and it would be wasteful for us to pay a
competitive salary. It's not like we're competing for talent....

Having 40k USD doesn't mean you get to spend that all on a developer. At
least in Europe there is a huge amount of overhead (factor of 2.0-2.5
IIRC for .nl).

--
Regards,
Olav