Re: Agenda for board meeting on September 26th

On Wed, 2014-10-01 at 08:53 -0400, Richard Stallman wrote:

GNOME is part of the GNU Project, whose goal is freedom for users.
Not only that, but GNOME in particular was started to protect users
from a specific threat to their freedom (nonfree Qt).

So freedom is at the heart of GNOME and should never be forgotten.

Would it be possible for you to, instead of repeatedly bringing up the
subject of Free Software vs Open Source and GNU/Linux vs Linux, do this
privately, off the list? For most of the people who are here this
continuous reminder is tiring, and achieves very little but to disrupt
discussion and cause these frequent outbursts which are rather
unproductive.

Sometimes your emails contain insight that is very appreciated, but I've
started ignoring them altogether because I don't want to be reminded
over and over about Free Software and GNU/Linux. I got that long time
ago, and not by force of repetition, by the way.

By continuously repeating yourself publicly on these matters you end up
making the rest of your message lost. If you consider this to be an
effective way to pass on your message, please carry on, but please don't
do it over and over in the foundation list.

Claudio