Re: Board of Directors Elections 2014 - Candidacy - Emily Gonyer

On 21 May 2014 12:24, Emily Gonyer <emilyyrose gmail com> wrote:
Sure, those of us who are not currently paid can speak up on mailing lists, but we're (mostly) roundly
ignored.

I think this is a classic case of "code speaks" -- i.e. if you're
willing to spend the time writing the feature and maintaining the code
for the next 5 years, you probably have more say than someone just
yelling "do it like this" and not contributing anything concrete. I
think most projects inside and outside the GNOME umbrella are
structured in a meritocracy which seems to work very well indeed.
Having a voice != getting to decide what other people work on.

Richard