Re: Question for candidates

With regards to priorities of the GNOME Foundation,

Last I heard, the case of the OPW cash flow problems was being taken
care of, unlike what "news sites" would have you believe. It seemed like
a matter of time for sponsors follow-up activities to resolve the
situation, and AFAICT we're 75% there. It would be easy for me to
mention it's my personal priority, but I won't - it would be a lie to
say that I can immediately make a difference in an issue that is in the
process of being solved as we speak.

I'm not sure how urgently a replacement for the ED can be found, given
that GNOME needs to be very careful about its expenditures and that the
ED would need to be able to offset his/her own salary, which requires a
fair amount of flair.

See my candidacy application for more, but if I have to pick, among my
areas of interest, the one I find the most important: fundraising and
financial security, including investigating where we could diversify or
where there are untapped resources. This is much easier said than done,
obviously.