Questions to candidates (financing aids & alternative priorities)

Hello,

Sorry for the delay, I know the elections already started... but apparently they questions can still be sent, so here I have two:

- In regards to finances, I've read that much of the problem is actually about the overhead and paperwork of administrative tasks about the accounts with regards to tracking income and controlling/approving expenses. So I'm wondering: do you think trying to start moving some of these processes (in which inevitably one has to deal with banks and receipts) to the use of a cryptocurrency would make things easier and more transparent? I know that maybe this space is a bit immature right now, but there's already many merchants accepting it, and using it to send pay-outs to developers (for their expenses) would allow avoiding PayPal fees, and could help maybe streamline some processes?

- When it comes to the GNOME priorities, I'm not going to ask anything about OPW or tools-development focus, but actually about the brand. Do you think it's important to start some kind of consolidation in regards to core concepts and/or project names? For example, in a similar way Epiphany was "renamed" to 'Gnome Web' (although TBH if it was my decision I would have chosen 'Gnome Browser' instead), would you be willing to work with the communities towards bringing together more brand naming consolidation (i.e. 'Anjuta' to 'Gnome Studio'? 'GimpNet' to 'Gnome Chat'? these kind of things) or some kind of marketing campaigns or initiatives other than hackfests/conferences (i.e. creating a Gnome Store where you can buy Gnome merchandising...)?

Thanks very much, and sorry if this email felt like sort of pushing an agenda, but I just wanted to mention specific examples to go directly to the point and avoid too large back-and-forth email threads.

  Andres

PS: Hi all o/ (I think it's my 1st time writing to this list)