Foundation budget (was: Re: Question for candidates)

Hi,

Apologies in advance for a question that will take us away from the main
thread topic...

On 05/20/2014 06:15 AM, David King wrote:
Initially, I think that much of the money raised by an executive
director would go towards financially supporting the executive director
role. If the Foundation's revenues continue to drop (as has been the
case over the last few years), an executive director role would become
untenable without increased funding from sponsors.

I have not been paying close attention in the past 3-4 years, but when I
was, we had:
* Added new members to the advisory board
* Increased advisory board membership to $10,000 for small companies and
$20,000 for large companies

The executive director was, at the time I was on the board, the only
salary outgoing, but advisory board revenues should be $140,000 unless
I'm mistaken from my reading of the advisory board page - which ad board
members have we lost? HP, Nokia, Motorola, Oracle from the looks of
it... am I missing anyone?

The theory at the time I was on the board was that ad board revenues
paid for employees with a little margin for error, and we fundraised for
everything else. Has that principlegone by the wayside?

Also, at the time we had started to build up some cash reserves after a
few years when we really did not have a lot of room to manoeuver - have
we depleted those? I did not notice any budgets proposed that were in
deficit, but I was not paying very close attention.

Thanks,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary, Lyon, France