Re: Question for candidates

Hi,

On 05/19/2014 04:31 AM, David King wrote:
Right now (taking into account the poor financial situation that the
Foundation is facing), I think that a candidate for the executive
director position would be someone who has experience of raising funds
for not-for-profit organisations. For GNOME, the board does not exert
strong control over the project, but tries to steer it in the right
direction by ensuring that funding is directed appropriately, making the
executive director role particularly challenging.

My follow-on question, then: raising money for what?

I do not think that
technical proficiency is an essential quality for an executive director,
if by that you mean ability to code.

I meant "understanding of the technology, ability to explain it, and
ability to be articulate about what the GNOME project needs to do to
stay relevant".

Cheers,
Dave.

--