Question for candidates

Hi everyone,

For me, the defining thing the next board will do is hire a successor to
Karen Sandler as executive director of the foundation.

So my question to all of you is: what are the main characteristics you
will be looking for in the next executive director?

when looking for a profile, there are a number of dials to twiddle:
* Technical proficiency & reputation in the community, including free
software cultural alignment
* Strategy experience - the ability to formulate and communicate a
direction for GNOME
* Administrative and organizational experience
* Business acumen and experience growing a commercial ecosystem
* Communication/marketing/evangelism experience
* Cost

Of these, which do you feel are the most important for GNOME right now,
and why? Are there other criteria which you think are important that I
didn't list?

Thanks!
Dave.
--