Re: Question for candidates

Hi Richard

On 2014-05-20 06:25, Richard Stallman <rms gnu org> wrote:

One possible idea would be to have joint events with KDE.  One joint
event could cost less, in total, than two separate events.

Thanks for pointing this out. As you can see from the income and expenses in the preliminary 2013 annual report, the Desktop Summit (co-located event with KDE) has traditionally been a much more profitable event for the Foundation than GUADEC.

https://wiki.gnome.org/GnomeMarketing/AnnualReport/AnnualReport2014/Finances

Even if a future Desktop Summit would be focused purely on co-location (as opposed to co-operation), it should reduce the costs of the event, and bring in more money for GNOME.

I don't know what practical obstacles there might be, but in principle
I think it is ok.

It has worked well twice before, so I think that any practical obstacles can be overcome.

--
http://amigadave.com/