Re: Question for candidates

----- Original Message -----
From: "Emily Chen" <emilychen522 gmail com>
To: "foundation-list" <foundation-list gnome org>
Sent: Monday, May 19, 2014 11:16:14 AM
Subject: Question for candidates

Hi,

I would like to ask below questions to future board:

1. For GNOME big event, call for sponsor is really important, what is your
plan to call for more sponsors for conference like GUADEC and GNOME.Asia ?

In many cases, for an organization to sponsor these conferences, they need to have some ongoing relationship
with GNOME and budget the sponsorship in advance. We have been finding out a lot about interests of some of
the sponsors we approached this year, and we have started to track this information. We should make an effort
to build a working relationship with each organization around their interests and also ask them to budget for
the conference sponsorship as early as November of the previous year.

2. What is the top 3 goals for GNOME Foundation in the next year, in your
opinion ?

Write great software, promote it to users and potential contributors, manage finances well.

3. How to raise and increase the fund for GNOME Foundation ?

We need to engage more with our advisory board members and other organizations that might like to support
GNOME and figure out how we can best meet their needs and what activities they are most interested in
supporting. We need to report back to our individual donors what their support has enabled and run annual
fundraising campaigns.

4. How many hours you work in GNOME Board related work each week?

Recently, it has been about 10 hours a week. I can continue contributing 10 hours a week until we have an ED,
at which point I would like to scale it down to 5 hours a week.

Thanks!

Emily Chen

Thanks,
Marina