Questions for the candidates: finances

Hello everyone,

First, I'd like to voice my support for Dave Neary's question.  I also believe finding an executive director may be the most important task for the incoming board.

From some earlier discussion it sounds like the other defining task will be stabilizing GNOME's finances.  Others have asked questions about improving the foundation's financial situation, but almost every response is about locating more corporate sponsorship and increasing personal donations.  My concern is that those paths are well-trod and potentially lean, and that novel ways of financing should be explored.  At least one candidate (Emily Gonyer) stated a desire to ween GNOME off of corporate sponsorship.

My questions for the candidates is:

Aside from corporate sponsorship and personal donations, what area(s) would you investigate to increase and stabilize GNOME's finances?  (Or do you feel these two methods are the only or best way to achieve this goal?)

-- Jim