Happy to be a member of the gnome foundation

Hello,

as a new member of the foundation you are, so says the welcome-email, highly encouraged to write to this mailing list in order to introduce yourself.

I am 25 years old and studying computer science (master) at the Leipzig University of Applied Science (Germany). I fell in love with the gnome-concept when I first saw the drafts of the gnome-shell (esp. in connection with the Zeitgeist-project which I desperately want to be integrated in everything I do and own, automating my whole user experience). I've been using gnome religilously since then. After sending in some patches for gnome quadrapassel last year and having no one look over them, I stumbled into the role of quadrapassel maintainer. I am also triaging bugs for and releasing a few other games regularly (in tandem with the rest of the current games team).
In the future I'd like to do much more gnome-related work. I have been working at a company that creates web-based software for a few well-paying advertising-analysts and I found I much prefer well paced releases having lots and lots of people using the code I've written than only a few people driving iteration cycles that are only a few weeks long. Coding for a better world, so to speak ;)

In the remaining spare time, besides reading and watching YouTube, I am politically active in my community and part of the local blogosphere as well as consulting/helping out for our local Code Girls (grails girls but not only with grails).

Looking forward to doing much needed handywork and maybe a little bit of innovation as well :)

Thanks for accepting me
Mario