Re: Happy to be a member of the gnome foundation

On Thu, Jan 2, 2014 at 1:14 PM, Mario Wenzel <maweki gmail com> wrote:
Hello,

as a new member of the foundation you are, so says the welcome-email, highly
encouraged to write to this mailing list in order to introduce yourself.

I am 25 years old and studying computer science (master) at the Leipzig
University of Applied Science (Germany). I fell in love with the
gnome-concept when I first saw the drafts of the gnome-shell (esp. in
connection with the Zeitgeist-project which I desperately want to be
integrated in everything I do and own, automating my whole user experience).
I've been using gnome religilously since then. After sending in some patches
for gnome quadrapassel last year and having no one look over them, I
stumbled into the role of quadrapassel maintainer. I am also triaging bugs
for and releasing a few other games regularly (in tandem with the rest of
the current games team).
In the future I'd like to do much more gnome-related work. I have been
working at a company that creates web-based software for a few well-paying
advertising-analysts and I found I much prefer well paced releases having
lots and lots of people using the code I've written than only a few people
driving iteration cycles that are only a few weeks long. Coding for a better
world, so to speak ;)

In the remaining spare time, besides reading and watching YouTube, I am
politically active in my community and part of the local blogosphere as well
as consulting/helping out for our local Code Girls (grails girls but not
only with grails).

Looking forward to doing much needed handywork and maybe a little bit of
innovation as well :)

Welcome, Mario!  So nice of you to share details about yousrelf!  If
you have any issues or looking for advice, feel free to contact me or
the engagement team!

sri

Thanks for accepting me
Mario