Re: Mission Statement

On Aug 7, 2014, at 10:35 PM, Richard Stallman <rms gnu org> wrote:

   2. If the extent of your involvement in the GNOME Foundation's life is
   going to be something that a bot can replace, can we please have the bot
   instead?

If someone can design a bot smart enough to find and express new
specific ethical points, such as highlighting the similarity in values
between the free software movement and OPW, I would be glad to let the
bot take over from me.  I have a lot of other work to do.

I must have missed that highlighting similarities in values stuff, but I do have a lot of other work to do.

I think what Bastien is saying — and I’d concur — is that the bulk of your communications here could be
replaced by a very tiny shell script that searched for occurrences of “Linux” and sent a canned response
demanding that “GNU/Linux” be used instead; it could do the same thing with “open source” and “free software”.

I’m sure you’d save significant time with some arrangement of this sort.