Re: Current state of Foundation finances

On Sat, Apr 12, 2014 at 12:32:12AM +0100, Ekaterina Gerasimova wrote:
The board expects that you may have some questions or would like to
know more details about the problem, please read
https://wiki.gnome.org/FoundationBoard/CurrentBudgetFAQ and contact
the board at board-list gnome org if you have any further questions.

Could you slightly change this and clarify what "cash flow" means?

It seems a lot of people are reading this and assuming that we ran out
of money due to spending all our money on OPW. While in practice, it is
just the financial boring bit that the money on the bank account is
lower because the money hasn't been coming in as quickly as handing it
out. But that'll resolve once we focus upon it.

Or in brief: we are not the best with sticking with financial followup.

I think changing the wording would help a lot in changing the impression
that we spent too much money. A lot of people don't know about "cash
flow", etc.

--
Regards,
Olav