Re: Announcing GNOME's official GitHub mirror

Hey,

On Thu, Aug 15, 2013 at 12:07:23PM +0200, Alexandre Franke wrote:
Anyway this is really not what was the most important point to me in
my previous email and you didn't answer the question I really cared
about, so I'm asking again: is there a way for maintainers to opt out
of the github mirroring?

Speaking as someone who has a Gitorious account and not a GitHub one,
what will you gain by opting out? It won't stop someone from cloning
your code on GitHub. This way you atleast have a canonical tree on
GitHub where you can see what people are doing with your stuff.

Basically, I don't think that choosing to opt-out is strong enough
message even on ethical grounds.

Cheers,
Debarshi

--
Life is like bein' on a mule team.  Unless you're the lead mule, all
the scenery looks about the same.