Re: Announcing GNOME's official GitHub mirror

Hello Alexandre,

2013/8/15 Alexandre Franke <alexandre franke gmail com>:
(Certainly the popularity of GitHub is not the reason you chose it I
guess, just like the popularity of Windows doesn't make us focus on
Windows support, and the popularity of Skype doesn't make us focus on

As you can see in Alberto's answer, it is indeed just a question of
popularity and I agree with you that this is a sad thing.

We should pick our fights, on the other hand, GitHub has released more
open source code and tools than the gitorious community. We accept
money from Google for the GSoC's every year and I see no complaints.
Everything is a matter on how you look at things really.

As I mentioned before, if you want a gitorious mirror, feel free to
start working on it, I fully support the idea, I'm just not interested
in investing the time on it myself because I see no much value in it
(on the other hand, I see the value on running our own instance).

Alberto Ruiz