Re: New service: Jabber.gnome.org

2013/4/29 Andrew Cowie <andrew operationaldynamics com>
On Mon, 2013-04-29 at 13:21 +0200, Andrea Veri wrote:
> 2. How JIDs will look like?
>

> JIDs will look this way: JID jabber gnome org (this to prevent any
> confusion between the mail alias @gnome.org and the JID used for the
> jabberd service.

That's unnecessary. JIDs and email addresses are different domains. If
you set up the SRV record correctly (which someone has done for
gnome.org) then username gnome org will work fine for JIDs.

I do know that username gnome org would have worked just fine, but I actually prefer using a different subdomain for it.

Andrea

Debian Developer,
Fedora / EPEL packager,
GNOME Sysadmin,