Re: Changes to the GNOME Foundation Bylaws from 2002

On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 10:46 PM, Jeff Schroeder
<jeffschroeder computer org> wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 30, 2012 at 8:07 PM, Tobias Mueller <tobiasmue gnome org> wrote:
>> Dear Foundation,
>>
>> I propose to change the current bylaws to the document attached.
>>
>> If you object these changes, please raise your voice until 2012-10-31.
>> If 5% of the membership (20 members) object, we will have a vote.
>> Otherwise, the changes will be accepted.
>>
>> Cheers,
>
> Hi Tobias, I would love to approve these changes, but first, I need to
> know what they are! The document says the date things were changed,
> but unless I missed it (as I read the rst on my phone), I didn't see
> what changed. Since you want to see these changes go through, can you
> please provide us an idea of what changed? Also, is this document
> stored in git somewhere so that we can see what changed in *specific*
> and when?
>
> This information would be very helpful for the GNOME Foundation
> membership to make an informed decision. I personally would like to
> see those two things every time a change is made if it isn't too much
> trouble.

Perhaps a phone screen is not be the best platform for reviewing
document diffs, but providing a diff was discussed between Sept 10 and
Sept 18 on the foundation list and a bug with diffed attachments was
created.

https://mail.gnome.org/archives/foundation-list/2012-September/date.html

most specifically:
https://mail.gnome.org/archives/foundation-list/2012-September/msg00008.html