Re: Looking for community managers or enthusiasts!

Hi,

On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 1:27 AM, Sriram Ramkrishna <sri ramkrishna me> wrote:

As is available on the page referenced in every communication about the
removal of fallback?
https://live.gnome.org/ThreePointSeven/Features/DropOrFixFallbackMode

If people skip reading it intentionally, they'll only see the headline
and make their (uninformed) comments.

This is pretty much what happened.
Yeah, but the name of the feature is "Drop or Fix Fallback Mode", not "New Features that make Fallback Mode Unnecessary for Many Users.(or however you want to put it). How can you then blame people for focusing only on the fact that we are, well, dropping fallback mode?

Meg Ford

That's pretty much what was happening.  People read the headline and then think "GNOME is getting rid of features" and then start grumbling again.  The whole GNOME is removing stuff is a widespread meme that just propagates.  A lot from people still angry from the 1.0 days I think.

I sometimes vacillate from "get over it" to trying to explain the situation.  It depends on how deep the thread is. :-)