Re: Looking for community managers or enthusiasts!

Em Sun, 2012-11-18 às 23:39 -0600, meg ford escreveu:
> Hi,
>

>         I hope it's slightly better handled than Emily last 2 posts,
>         which
>         managed to say that the removal of fallback was badly
>         communicated (!)
>         without details of what was done wrong,
>

> I think it would have made a hell of a lot more sense to announce that
> there were significant improvements made to llvm pipe, and then
> explain that we were planning to drop fallback mode. That way we would
> have given credit to ourselves as a community for thinking about how
> users would be effected by the change, and then we could have gone on
> to explain why the change was necessary.

As is available on the page referenced in every communication about the
removal of fallback?
https://live.gnome.org/ThreePointSeven/Features/DropOrFixFallbackMode

If people skip reading it intentionally, they'll only see the headline
and make their (uninformed) comments.

This is pretty much what happened.