Re: GNOME now

T , 2012.11.14. 22:37 -0600, Brian Cameron rakstīja:
> Seif:
>
> On 11/15/12 03:31 AM, Seif Lotfy wrote:
> > Good points Brian :)
> > I like the last part "this advanced UNIX-hacker type does not seem to
> > be the primary user GNOME is focusing on anymore."
>
> For better or worse, I would say that most Solaris GNOME users probably
> fall either in the advanced UNIX-hacker category, or the type of user
> who uses a Solaris GNOME desktop in a very focused or controlled
> environment such as a kiosk or call center environment.  So, the
> desktop on Solaris seems to be increasingly diverging from the needs of
> the GNOME community.  But I think the GNOME community has been
> conscious that platforms like Solaris were being left behind as
> decisions were being made.

But is there any strong reasons why Oracle won't chime in and support
further development of GNOME Panel (let's call it GNOME Classic - that
all Fallback mode don't make any justice to it)? Is it financial
problem? Strategic? I think it just lacks core maintainer, that's all.

Just curious,
Respectfully,
Peteris Krisjanis.