Re: Looking for community managers or enthusiasts!

On 14 November 2012 10:03, Dave Neary <dneary gnome org> wrote:

While I don't quite like the title "community managers", I appreciate the role and the sentiment.

I agree as well, as a developer I often have desired that someone would coordinate efforts to make our community a better place to contribute to.

Would love to see people working inside and outside the GNOME community to do better at communicating our goals, vision, and work. I would hope that this doesn't end up being "sit on Google+, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn, and send happy messages to anyone complaining about GNOME".

I think a community manager would have a broader role, as hinted above.

Regards,

Tomeu

Cheers,
Dave.