Re: Looking for community managers or enthusiasts!

On Wed, 2012-11-14 at 11:38 +0100, Bastien Nocera wrote:

> On Tue, 2012-11-13 at 16:07 -0800, Sriram Ramkrishna wrote:
> >
> > I'm looking for some charismatic, happy GNOME folks who can help
> > engage with our community.

This is a good idea, along with building up resources describing goals.

> I hope it's slightly better handled than Emily last 2 posts,

Communication will need to be both ways - outward from developers and
people heavily involved in gnome, and back inwards from the outside.

It's usually more important to give a clear and correct message (and to
be seen to do so) than to quick to respond. If speed is important, a
response on a blog (say) saying, "we are aware of these comments and
will respond in more detail later" can be enough at times.

Liam