Re: Looking for community managers or enthusiasts!

On Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 1:52 PM, Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net> wrote:
On Wed, 2012-11-14 at 11:50 +0100, Dave Neary wrote:
> On 11/14/2012 11:38 AM, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> > On Tue, 2012-11-13 at 16:07 -0800, Sriram Ramkrishna wrote:
> >> I'm looking for some talented folks who can help us engage with the
> >> press, on blogs, on mailing lists and explain our vision.
> >
> > I hope it's slightly better handled than Emily last 2 posts, which
> > managed to say that the removal of fallback was badly communicated (!)
> > without details of what was done wrong, and used a blog post by a troll
> > to make false assertions about GTK+ 3.x's API stability.
> >
> > You might want to vouch for your community managers before you let them
> > loose...
>
> Really? Your solution to "we have a PR problem" is "criticise the only
> people trying to address that problem by publicly saying they suck at it"?

Telling X you'll teach them how to communicate with Y and then creating
a problem with X because of the way you communicated with Y.

Tell me how exactly I should have brought this up "privately". We have
very few private mailing-lists in GNOME, and it wasn't discussed on any
of those I would be on [1].

Maybe a private IRC discussion?

> Sheesh.

Yeah, me too.

[1]: Not a cabal, it's Board-related lists.