Re: Questionnaire on motivation analysis of open source and open content

On Thu, 2012-02-23 at 16:38 -0500, Karen Sandler wrote:
> On Thu, February 23, 2012 1:44 pm, Richard Stallman wrote:
> > Google Docs operates using nonfree Javascript code.  Is it possible
> > for people to fill out your questionaire without running that nonfree
> > program?  I don't know, but I guess not.
>
> George,
>
> You might want to consider looking into LimeSurvey if you're interested in
> approaching this again with the comments you've received so far. As
> Richard indicates, many of us in the free software community will avoid
> using nonfree solutions, so using them could bias your results too.
>
> good luck!
> Karen

Totally off-topic from GNOME discussions (sorry!), but potentially
relevant question:   Has anyone come up with a comprehensive list of
one-to-one functions of non-free services and free?

/me starts the list

Google Docs Survey -- LimeSurvey
Google Docs Document -- ietherpad-lite
?

Could turn into a useful wiki page that we can point people to for
creating $whatever for our own community tasks.

Bryen