Re: Conference about Gnome in my french school

Salut,

Le mardi 03 avril 2012, à 22:02 +0200, Albin a écrit :
> Dear Sirs,
>
> Before everything else, I will introduce myself. I am actually a french
> student. I am studying for my engineer degree in computer sciences.
>
> My school teaches us a lot of different contents during the formation.
> There are some conferences during the 3 last years of this formation,
> during which students can listen to professionals working in their future
> domain.
>
> Unfortunately, a very few are about Linux world or "just" explain some very
> tricky points. A lot of students are thinking that Linux is only for
> scientific and "hard" problems resolution. Personally, I don't think so, so
> I want to show this point of view to students of my school.
>
> I think that Gnome helps to make the Linux world more user-friendly and
> make able non-fully qualified people to access to the Linux provided tools.
> With this goal in mind, I would like to organize a conference in my school,
> also in french language, with for title "Linux is for common users too" or
> something like that.
>
> Before to go to my school's administration, I would like to speak to some
> Gnome involved people. So I wish I am writing to the correct list. For
> information, the person in the CC field is a school-friend.
>
> Thank you very much for reading me. Hoping we can make something together.

This is a great idea! I'm not sure who would be able to go to Tours
(it's likely easier for people in Paris than for others), but we can try
to make it work.

We can discuss all this on the gnome-fr-list, I suggest you join it and
start a thread there :-)

Cheers,

Vincent

--