Re: Question for candidates

    On the practical terms, as others stated, we should make sure that
    GNOME is great software and has cool features that make people /want/
    to use it.

It's fine to do that, as much as we can.  But if we only do that, we
are competing with Apple on its home territory.  We have no inherent
advantage in this; Apple is has contempt for its users, but we can
hardly claim its developers lack ability.

The one area where we have an inherent advantage is in treating the
users ethically.  Neither Apple nor Microsoft will ever match us in
this.  Shall we not make plans to utilize this advantage and increase
it?

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation